Garden Clubs & Groups
For groups of 10 or more we provide free tours, lectures and workshops. Each attendee is given a $5.00 gift coupon toward a purchase of $25.00 during their next visit here. Slide lectures are given in our stone house meeting room.
Lecture topics include:
- Houseplants and their personalities
- Perennials for 10 months of bloom
- Dried flowers to know and grow
- Trees, shrubs and plants for the flower arranger
- Grandmother’s favorites
- Bringing the English Cottage Garden to New England
- Shine in the shade
- Monochromatic Gardens
- Organic alternatives
- Gardening to attract birds and butterflies
- Marvelous moss baskets and combination planters
- Herbs for year round pleasure
- Fragrance: the fifth dimension
- Our own great gardens
Our hands-on workshops include:
- Windowsill herb gardens
- Bonsai and topiary
- Living wreaths and plaques
- Green wreath making
- Others as requested
Instructions are free while materials are purchased to create a take home and finished product.
Demonstrations on planting, feeding, thinning, pruning and dividing perennials are given on site in the cottage garden. Mole, vole and pest control methods are shown and questions are answered as they arise. For groups, lunch or simple refreshments are provided as requested. We offer free coffee or tea year round for people to enjoy as they shop!!
We are privileged to instruct the second graders of 3 schools in stewardship of our land and the interdependence of birds, bees, plants and people on this planet.